rain on my parade

“I write because writing is evidence that I am still alive.”
-Aya Kito, One Litre of Tears


friends are loved.

Ereena's

Annisa's

Afrizal's

Yang Tercinta, Eva Aqilah

Izura Shukor's

Kak Baya's

Julia's

Dini's

Kak Ayu's

Karmen's

Izzah's

Yi Wen's

Joyce's

Andrew's

Mora's

Jannah's

Reha's

counter

stay beautiful

© Layout: AmericanRoyalty
Color codes: xoxo
Inspirations: the chemistry skin/hm & paranoid/*éf



PARANOID
illusions



Baby steps to Hijrah
Saturday, January 5, 2013 / 11:38 PM

Alhamdulillah, Allah has changed me for the better ever since I've entered UPM and I've grown more matured because of it. Do you know how it feels to be loved by Allah? It is the most precious unexplainable extraordinary feeling. You know that warm and safe feeling when you wrap yourself with a warm blanket? It feels like that, wrapped in Allah's love. You feel safe and collected, like nothing can hurt you. I would like to think myself as slowly reaching proper Hijrah to the right path. I'm still far from being a perfect Muslimah, but I would like to think that I'm getting there even if it's slow. No matter if they're baby steps or if I'm running to that path. Because I know that,

If you walk towards Allah, He will run towards you.

But how? How do we change for better? To be honest, it starts with the simplest things that we keep on forgetting. For me, I guess it started with SOCKS. My mum has always reminded me about socks, how our feet are our aurat. But still, my heart didn't open up to it. I just didn't understand and I just took it lightly. But then with my friend's advices and looking at how majority of the girls in ASPer wear it, I simply wore it and it just didn't seem like a hassle after wearing it every day. Second was hand sock and stopping myself from 'sinsing lengan baju'. I think people keep forgetting that our arms and our feet are aurat, I was one of these people. The reason I wore hand sock is because this is what came into my mind,


Bila kau tulis kat board depan satu kuliah, bukan ke lengan baju kurung kau jatuh and tertayang tangan kau? Mudahnya orang nak tengok aurat kau. Kenapa tak tutup, Ain?

Third for me was jeans. To be honest, I've never felt comfortable in jeans. Never never never. Especially seluar jeans sekarang yang memang confirm ikut bentuk & cutting kecik gila kan? To be honest, I only have one slacks which I wear as a substitute for jeans. At first, I bought it because supposedly you can't wear jeans to the university but then I realize that jeans are actually extremely tight. Remember girls, kita nak tutup aurat bukan balut aurat! :) InsyaAllah, I'll try wearing skirts after this. 

Fourth was clothes. To be honest, I don't know what to do with my old t-shirts anymore. Haha. But I take it as a good thing since I've only realize that they are insanely tight and short. No more! Only clothes that covers our 'behind' and are loose should be worn. And finally, our tudung. Okay, let's do an activity! Sila ambil salah satu tudung bawal korang. Now, bentang luas2 and angkat. Jarang tak? Jarang isn't it? Now lipat jadi triangle macam yang kita selalu buat bila nak pakai and look at it now. Still jarang isn't it? Cuba pakai tapi jangan pinkan ke tepi, can you see your neck through your tudung? Yes? Okay, I'm not saying that you shouldn't wear tudung bawal anymore because I still wear it too but maybe a tudung inner with neck should be worn as well :) 

Or better yet, tudung bidang 50/55/60 and above? To be honest, for me, this is the most precious change for me. I've always been afraid of wearing tudung labuh because I feel like my attitude would only bring shame to the image of tudung labuh. And I've always wondered if it's hot to wear it, especially in this weather. But let me tell you now, it doesn't feel hot at all. Way better than wearing pashmina. InsyaAllah, I'll buy more since I only have 5 tudung labuh. 

I pray that I'll continue istiqamah and maintain this change. And I pray that you will too, dear sisters :)